For Thanksgiving, we enjoyed a trip to LA to have dinner with Jip's Uncle Pablo's family. 30 or so people broke bread (and two turkeys) with each other. The kids had other little ones to play with and we enjoyed light conversation with some fine folks. We were so glad we went.
On Friday, we headed to Indio to have lunch with Jip's grandparents. We picked up some Mimi's Cafe curbside (I love that I could place my order on my phone with just a few clicks on their mobile site!) and ate outside since it was such a beautiful day. We were there less than 2 hours, but I think RJ and Ryleigh totally wore Paul and Anita out with all their running around. Still, I think everyone enjoyed themselves.
The kids needed to burn more energy before the three hour car ride home, so we found a nice park (thanks again, iPhone!) and let the kids play hard. They were both enamored with the monkey bars.
I used the "burst" function on my phone to capture RJ in action. Nifty, huh?
Don't worry--he was fine!
Both kids slept hard on our drive home. It was a great trip all around and they were terrific travelers, as usual.

No comments