Saturday, we enjoyed a lunch-time get-together at the park with the F. Family. Lara had sent me a note earlier in the week to ask about using a Facebook group I am an administrator for to organize a play date for babies and their moms. When I replied that our group would be a great way to reach out to other Navy Officers' Spouses with little ones, she asked me to say hi to Jip, as she had worked with him for a few months in Japan. We thought it would be better to just say "hi" in person, so a picnic at Montevalle was born. It turns out that Lara's husband had also attended a number of meetings with Jip in Japan while representing his ship. It was a lot of fun to connect in San Diego and share some Japan stories!
Later that evening, we put in Jungle Book. Ry was enamored.
RJ said he didn't want to watch it--he wanted to wait until he was our age. So, he grabbed the iPad, threw on his headphones and pretended to not watch the movie.
Today, Ry put on a little dance show. I had to put my own music with it because RJ was crying through the first two clips--he was mad that Ryleigh had just destroyed a Lego contraption he had just built. Though she was actually dancing to her teapot's music, I think House of Pain suits her moves.
Tonight, we enjoyed a great dinner with Kai and his family. Kai and Jip went to MIT together and then went to Puget Sound together. We had not seen Kai and his bride since his wedding in August of 2009. We have both added a child since that day, so we enjoyed comparing notes and sharing thoughts on next steps in this crazy Navy life. It was great to reconnect!!

Ry's dancing is great and I like the music you picked for it =)
ReplyDelete