Goldilocks Week

It was a good week.  It was a Goldilocks week.  Not too boring.  Not too busy.  Just right.

We did our usual BrickHeadZ.  The kids spent most of their time playing with Duplos this time.  They are funny how they go in spurts between the Duplos and the little (regular) Legos.



After school on Friday, we headed to Mt. Trashmore.  Between traffic and the park now closing a lot earlier as we approach winter, we only got 45 minutes there.  But, that was also just right.  It was chilly in the shade, but they were able to burn a bunch of energy.  RJ and Ryleigh ran up the giant hill 4 times.  They slept well that night!








RJ received his first report card on Friday.  He is doing very well according to Miss Naomi and Miss Kim.  He needs to work on the neatness of his work, but his reading and numbers skills are developing nicely.  And, he is known for being kind and courteous and paying attention.  Ryleigh should be getting her progress report this week, but I already know that's she's doing great, too.  This Mama and Dad are very proud of our kiddos.

Our weekend was very chill.  We enjoyed being outside in the crisp fall air and ate dinner out Sunday night.  I was grateful to take a break from Mom's Diner duties.

Oh--we also sent another care package to Jip on Friday.  This one was for his birthday.  The packages have been taking 2-3 weeks to get to the ship, so we are hopeful the birthday one will make it on time.

In addition to his birthday presents from the kids and me (Shhh, we're not telling what his main gifts are.  And, we only sent pictures of what we bought him in case the package doesn't reach him on time or at all.), I made him some sock cupcakes.  I wanted something that looked fun and celebratory, but also something that wouldn't spoil.  I found these super fun men's socks and knew they'd make great cupcakes!  I cut the wrappers out of card stock so they'd hold up well.



The kids were super worried that Jip wouldn't have cake or be able to blow out candles, so hopefully the mini party set we sent will be put to good use with a few colleagues.


As usual, I decorated the inside of the box.  Jip hasn't said anything--I wonder if they still look pretty good when they arrive?


That extra space that you see was filled with more Halloween candy.  I did it after the kids went to bed and they didn't even notice.  Yay!

This week we have a school fundraiser at Chuck E Cheese.  I'd say winners all around, but I'm not sure this mama herding her two cats through Chuck E Cheese could really be considered a winner in that situation.  But, I guess everyone else wins!  We may also try to use up a couple of free passes for jumpy time at Kangaroo Jac's.  As always, pics to come.

Until next time, cheers!

No comments