I told Jip I wouldn't share on Facebook, but I did tell him the blog was fair game... The GW posted a picture of Jip on Facebook this morning. I emailed him a copy of the picture and asked him why he looked a little bit angry but some of the people listening were smiling. He said that he was in the middle of telling everyone that they had been doing a good job and had come a long ways from when they first started running their General Quarters drills (where the whole ship practices for fires, massive water leaks, and multiple injuries) a few months ago. The camera just happened to snap at the wrong time. Oh well! How our children became photogenic when the two of us are never photogenic, we'll never know.
Jip's ship will pull in this week, Jip will come home for a few hours, and then it is off to DC for meetings. The kids and I will be catching a VERY early train on Friday morning, but it should be fun. And, it will be great to see how much the city has changed. I haven't been inside the District since the spring of 2010, when I went to DC for an awards ceremony at my old job.
As always, pics to come.
Until next time, cheers!


No comments