Summer -- Week 4

The first session of swimming lessons wrapped up this week.  The kiddos had a fun last day, with lots of time jumping into the pool.







The kids enjoyed their classes, so they were fine with me enrolling them for another session in August.  Yay!

Thursday was so incredibly hot.  I had originally told the kids we could go to the base pool, but when the heat warning came out Wednesday, I convinced them we would be miserable at the pool.  Instead, we opted for the air conditioned library.  This was the feels-like temp when we went to the library.


Then, when I took the trash out around 9:30 that night, it wasn't much better.


On Sunday, RJ was back to Ninja Zone.  We then spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out in the cool a/c.  RJ continued to build the Lego sets he received for his birthday.  Then, the three of us made window clings out of glue, gel food coloring, and a few drops of dish soap.  You mix up the ingredients then paint the mixture onto sheet protectors.  After a few hours of drying, peel them off, and push onto a window.  They turned out pretty cool!





They are supposed to be good for a couple months.  We'll see.  It was a fun project, so I can definitely see us doing some fall or holiday themed ones in the near future.

It turns out Jip's ship didn't leave on time and their whole schedule may or may not shift to the right and delay their return.  So, now we are waiting to see if he'll be back in time to join us when we depart for our vacation in Mexico.  If not, I'll do my best to rebook his flight for when it will work.  I'm starting to psych myself up for traveling with the kiddos by myself.  Hopefully the excitement and anticipation of getting there won't make them too crazy!

But, before we go, we have RJ's little oral surgery to remove the extra tooth this week.  We're also going to register RJ for school and hopefully have a playdate with a classmate from his old school.  As always, pics to come.  Until next time, cheers!

No comments