Saturday Fun, Sunday Not-So-Fun

The kids and Jip fought head colds all week, so we kept it low-key, for the most part.  On Saturday, Jip had duty, so I took the kids to the monthly Home Depot workshop.  I found this week's workshop a little more challenging than normal.  There were lots of pieces and lots and lots of nails.  It took over an hour for the three of us to make the two photo boxes, which is a long time compared to most of the workshops.  Still, the kids had fun.

After the workshop, we grabbed an early lunch and then headed to the Children's Museum of Portsmouth.  While cleaning out my letter organizer full of coupons earlier in the week, I discovered four passes to the museum that we had "won" as part of the silent auction at the kids' school last February.  The passes were set to expire on Monday.  The museum opened a new dino exhibit on Friday.  It was fate!

The kids had a great time playing and interacting with the different exhibits.  Ryleigh liked the firefighting exhibit and the bubbles exhibit.  RJ liked the dino exhibit and the STEM activity of the week--amusement park designing.  My favorite was the Power Circus, which was all about power and simple machines and the like.










Jip got home Sunday morning, brought donuts (yay!), and turned right back around to head to the house in Carrollton with a detour to Home Depot.  The kids and I met Jip there after Ninja Zone.  We are crossing our fingers that it is the last time we have to visit the house to do work.  Today was doing a little cement work on the hand railings and painting the widow's walk.  The kiddos played outside a good part of the time, but they were so ready to stop watching Mom hold the ladder while Dad painted and head home.  This was Ryleigh at Ninja Zone, but trust me--the face was the same at the house.



Before I sign off, I just wanted to share my latest decorating touch.  I've been making some tweaks to freshen things up in the living area.  It has been awhile since I added something to a wall, so I thought I'd continue with my modern country thing with a rural-inspired wall grouping to include a photo I took of a windmill near Downey Farms.  I like how it turned out!

 
This week should be pretty normal, once again.  Friday night we're going to do a little staycation and stay in downtown Norfolk to spend a free hotel night we won at last year's GW Birthday Bash.  We're also taking in a minor league hockey game with RJ's school's PTA. Hopefully the hockey game won't be as long as last summer's baseball game.  As always, pics to come.

Until next time, cheers!

No comments