Ryleigh was sick Monday and Tuesday. Her fever finally broke in the night Tuesday night, but her school requires 24 hours fever-free before returning to school, so she didn't get to go back to school until Thursday. She was ready to go back. And, I was ready for her to go back!
On Wednesday afternoon, Ryleigh was feeling well enough to go for a half-mile run with RJ. RJ put on his Gizmo so I could keep track of him. RJ in turn kept track of Ryleigh. I told RJ he could take off and finish his run strong as soon as I could see Ryleigh coming down the street. So, he threw in a little extra oomph and headed into the homestretch.
Ryleigh wasn't too far behind RJ. But, the run wasn't as joyous for her. I snapped this pic as she was telling me about how her side hurt.
Without Jip to push him, RJ's half-miles run around the seven minute mark. But, on Friday, RJ did a half-mile in less than six minutes. And today, they ran (well, mostly ran with a bit of walking) 1.5 miles together. Maybe there is a runner in him! Once RJ finishes the 26ish miles by March 17 to say he completed the Shamrock Marathon, we'll see if he keeps it up.
Other events this week included Jip being one of the people who showed the Secretary of the Navy around the shipyard.
And, I got to go to a training with other Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society volunteers from all over Hampton Roads to learn more about Social Security, Navy housing, Navy legal services available to sailors and their families, Navy employment services for when service members get out or for spouses to use, and Navy Personnel Support for the admin side of moves and travel and other things that can go financially wrong, leading to the need for assistance from NMCRS. It was a good day with a good group of people.
This week, RJ will be getting a very stubborn baby tooth pulled on Wednesday. One tooth is causing a whole of problems with adult teeth that very much want to come in, but can't. The rest of the week should be back to normal, assuming that everyone stays healthy. As always, pics to come.
Until next time, cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments