Playa del Carmen 2018

I'm sure some of you noticed I skipped a week.  I've found that blogging from my phone is annoying, and I was nowhere near a desktop since we were in beautiful Playa del Carmen on my normal blogging day (or close to my normal day).  So, to fill you in--the kids went to BrickHeadZ camp for the first week they had off from school.  They had a marvelous time, as usual.  Ryleigh, in particular, loved it because the afternoons were all about American Girl dolls and she got to hang out with Camille and other girls and their dolls.

We had a great time in Playa del Carmen.  The seaweed is crazy bad this year, so we only did one day on the beach.  But, the kids loved the pools.  RJ enjoyed snorkeling again and Ryleigh gave it a go a few times, too.  The kids made some friends that loved playing with the water guns.  Ryleigh got her nails done and Jip and I each enjoyed a little time at the spa.  Jip and I each read a whole book.  We traveled to Tulum, one of the smallest known ancient Mayan cities.  It was a perfect trip because it was only an hour from our resort and didn't require as much walking as the Chichen Itza tour Jip and I have been on.  We also enjoyed Xel-Ha, an ecotourism park, where Ryleigh and RJ both got to do open water snorkeling where a river meets the ocean, and they got to see lots of fish and a sting ray. We also floated on a river, ate at one of the various buffets, and of course brought home souvenirs.  It was a good vacay!

You all are probably sick of me making videos, but I have fun doing it, so you'll just have to deal with it.  :)  For those of you with digital picture frames, be on the lookout for some of the pics of our trip to show up soon!  Now for the main attraction:



Now it is time to get back to the business of summer.  This week holds swimming lessons, registering Ryleigh for school, haircuts, library time, and a play date or two.  As always, pics to come.  Until next time, cheers!

No comments