December is Here!

December arrived in full force for our household.  After a normal week at school and with all of our after-school activities, it was time to be busy.  First, we attended the kids' school's PTA Pancake Breakfast.  We made sure to get in the line where breakfast was served by RJ's teacher and the kids' head PE teacher.  One of RJ's favorite teachers, Mr. Scales, even came out of retirement to serve juice to the kids.  It was a great way to start our busy day.



After the breakfast, the boys headed off to RJ's last coding class for 2018, where RJ coded and Jip did some work at a nearby Panera.  Ryleigh and I headed to Ocean Tumblers for her team and individual pictures.  Official photos should be back by Christmas.  But, I took a quick snap while we were waiting for the individual photos to start.  I love their leotards this year.


After gymnastics pictures, Ryleigh and I scrambled to ballet.  We were 20 minutes late, but still made it to get a few stretches in at the barre and then work on the in-studio performance to Carol of the Bells.  I've vowed to not watch the rehearsals so I can be surprised by the performance.  Of course, pictures and video of that to come in a couple weeks.

Saturday evening, Jip and I headed out to a shipyard-related party.  The food was good and the DJ was too loud--a typical Navy party.  Meghan babysat the kids for the first time, and they adored her.  They watched some Sound of Music, talked Pokemon, and more.  Meghan will be coming back next Saturday so Jip and I can get dressed up again for another party.

This week should be a little calmer.  RJ and Ryleigh still have to get Christmas gifts for each other, but they've narrowed the search.  Ryleigh needs to buy a Secret Santa gift for gymnastics and I need to get a white elephant gift for NMCRS, as both of those parties are next week.  In between, I'll work on getting Christmas cards out and maybe throw in a little baking.  As always, pics to come.

Until next time, cheers!

No comments