Time is Zooming By

I realized October is almost over and I haven't done a blog post for a month and a half.  So, here are a few snippets of what we've been up to.


The kids and Jip took in a regular-season Mariners game on October 1.  We decided I should not attempt it due to my knee and hip.  Jip said it was good I didn't try--the seats were up a lot of stairs and getting to and from the ballpark probably would have done me in.  But, they had a great time!  The Mariners had clinched the Wild Card slot the day before, but the win on the day they went was a nice bonus.






We've had the craziest fall weather in that it hasn't really been autumn around here.  It has been unseasonably warm and dry.  RJ and Jip took advantage of that dryness a couple weeks ago and took their bikes down for a ride across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.






Ryleigh has continued to work on perfecting her Level 5 gymnastics.  She's had a few private lessons and the team had an in-house showcase/meet.  Their were judges for the showcase, but the scores were really just a way for the girls to see where they are.  Ryleigh did great on floor and vault!  I've married up her routine with her floor music so you can hear it (though not the highest quality) once this year.  I'm sure I'll do my usual with the rest of her videos and make it one song over all of the routines.  I made vault part of another video, which also shows Ryleigh working on her baby giant (throwing yourself over the bar without your hips touching as you go around) and her flyaway (dismount with a back flip).  I am not including bars from the showcase because I can't seem to run my own phone and took two pics instead of a video.  :/  And, I'm not including beam because Ryleigh fell off the beam a couple times and she did not want to share it.  She said the beam was slippery because it normally has a cover over it, so it doesn't have the normal wear and all of the chalk that normally covers the beam.  Anyway, here she is...


Level 5 Floor Routine with Music





October Gym Stuff





And here are a couple photos from the showcase (it was Halloween themed, so they all wore Halloween or fall-ish leotards) and a photo of her teammates giving her a birthday hug.



Advanced Level 3, Level 4, and Level 5


Level 5




And finally, Jip continues to do cool stuff.  Last time, it was practicing putting out fires.  This time, it was hanging out with his dive locker.  Jip has a few divers that work for him who can do underwater inspections and repairs on ships.  So, they invited him to experience a dive for himself.  Here he is underwater near the submarine base.






I continue to plug along as kid-taxi-driver-extraordinaire and NMCRS-volunteer-okay-most-of-the time.  I am 4 hours away from finishing the required hours for my Accredited Financial Counselor fellowship.  I cannot wait for it to be over so the pressure to finish it is finally off.


No guarantees that I'll get another blog post in under a month, but maybe I'll surprise you (and myself).  I will promise to try to do better and taking more pictures so the content for the next blog post, whenever that is, is a little more robust.


Until next time, cheers!

No comments