After Ryleigh's birthday fun, we tried our best to have a normal week the rest of the week. Ballet, gymnastics, and BrickHeadZ were on the schedule, as usual.
On Saturday, we had Ryleigh's 4-year birthday pictures done. We met our photographer at a park. I think the pictures are going to be beautiful with the lightly fallen leaves and the soft afternoon lighting. I can't wait to see them and then share them!
After pictures, we took advantage of being at a park and having a nice afternoon. The kids played hard.
On Sunday, we helped celebrate the birthday of a girl in Ryleigh's class. If you are keeping count, that's three parties for kids in Ryleigh's class this month. And, there is still another next week! Holy cow! Anyway, the party was at a place called My Gym. My Gym is similar to Gymboree Play and Music. Both kids enjoyed jumping into the ball pit, jumping on a small trampoline, walking the balance beam, chasing bubbles, and doing an indoor zip line.
We learned that two care packages made it to Jip this week. The first took three weeks to get there and the second took two weeks. Not bad. So, we decided to go ahead and send another care package. The theme was "So Blue Without You" and we sent blue things. The kids helped me glue the blue strips onto the box until they got tired of doing it. Most of the items we sent are blue packaging for snacks for Jip and to share with people who happen to be in his office, but there are also some blue packages of tissues and blue medicated chapstick in there. And, a magazine for Jip that happened to come in the mail earlier in the week had a blue cover. I don't know how that worked out, but it did.
I don't think I'm spoiling the surprise--Jip's internet connection for real internet like FB and this blog is super slow, so he doesn't check in on much except email here and there. But, if I did spoil the surprise--sorry, Jip. Enjoy. And, I hope the entire box doesn't smell like mints since I needed to open the outer package to let some of the air out to get it to fit in the box. :)
We're gearing up for Halloween here. Pumpkins are ready to be carved. Costumes are ready to be worn. The weather is supposed to be nice. And, as always, pics to come.
Until next time, cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments