This week was teacher appreciation week. This year it was on my radar nice and early, so I had time to design something for Ryleigh and RJ's teachers. I had the below design printed on shopping bags and magnets.
The school's PTO put on an amazing breakfast buffet for the teachers one morning. I had a good time making labels for the water and juice and helping serve the yummy treats.
RJ's teacher asked for simple things, like drawings or classroom supplies instead of the various food and flower gifts that people often give. So, RJ drew a picture on the iPad and asked me to email it to her so that she would be really surprised. He drew a picture of his teacher and himself walking on the playground together. She was surprised and touched.
For Mother's Day, the kids' teachers had a couple fun projects. Ryleigh made me a clay necklace with her fingerprints pushed into it in the shape of a heart. RJ answered a bunch of questions about me in a purse-shaped packet. He made me laugh--he said he loves my cooking. Ha! This from the kid who eats peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and bagels with cream cheese for lunch and dinner nearly every day. I must have a special touch with my knife and his spreads of choice.
Jip also took the kids shopping and the collectively picked out a necklace, iced tea cup, and socks for me. They did a great job with their selections!
Sunday morning was actually a little crazy for us. RJ had Ninja Zone as usual. And Ryleigh had a birthday party at the zoo. She touched a millipede and a Flemish giant rabbit. Jip's camera took blurry photos of those little milestones, of course. But I'm sure you get the idea from the pics that did turn out.
After the party and a quick walk through part of the zoo, Jip and Ryleigh scurried back to the Founders Inn for brunch, where they met RJ and I. RJ changed in the car after class and we actually made our noon reservation on time. Brunch was delicious. And, it seems that the Founders Inn learned a couple lessons from the not-so-great Easter brunch. They had more face painters and balloon artists and asked them to limit their work to a few designs that weren't time consuming. Ryleigh only had to wait about 7 or 8 minutes instead of the 110 minutes on Easter to get her face painted.
My kids indulged me with a couple selfies to commemorate our day.
I hope your Mother's Day was great like mine!
Until next time, cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments