Busy Weekend

We packed it in this weekend!

On Saturday, we motored to Richmond to go to BrickFest, a Lego convention.  But, first--we enjoyed a trip to Which Wich.  The kids miss having a Which Wich nearby.  So, when I told them there was one less than a mile from our destination, it became a must-do.  After lunch, we headed to the Convention Center and entered the ballrooms full of Lego people.  Lots of people were selling Legos.   There were people giving presentations on how to become a YouTuber (is that a real word?) about Legos.  Guinness was there to see if any world records could be broken.  Kids were in various play areas, building Lego cities and more.  Though Jip and I were expecting more Lego displays and people showing off their Lego ideas, the kids had a great time.








RJ was inspired by our visit.  He asked if he could be a YouTuber.  "No."  Then I said I would allow him to have a private channel that we'd share with a select few.  I haven't set up the channel yet, as I want to see if he really wants to do this more than once.  But, below is his first stab at doing a presentation about something he built (with a little assistance from Jip).


On Sunday, RJ had his usual Ninja Zone.  Then, it was off to the Symphony for a little Cirque Musica.  Before we enjoyed the show, the kids did the instrument petting zoo.  They are still pretty enamored with the string instruments.







For the performance, acrobats and jugglers performed to some great classical pieces of music played by the Virginia Symphony Orchestra, including Bolero by Ravel and Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.  The performers were amazing!  Even RJ said "Wow!" a few times.  I don't think Ryleigh understood the strength and talent the performers showed us, but I think she still liked it.

As for the grown-ups, the table and dry sink are done.  I spent a little time each day this week putting on clear wax or dark wax.  Today we buffed the pieces, reassembled the dry sink, and brought the pieces in.  They still need to cure for a few days before they are hard enough to eat off of.  So, the table will have to wait a bit.  But, the dry sink is back in its spot and looks great!


This week should be a pretty normal week for the kiddos.  Jip will head to Colorado for a couple days, and then his Mom will be coming back with him to spend a few days with us in Virginia.  We're looking forward to Diana's visit!  I just hope I can get the kids to keep her room/the playroom clean until she arrives.

As always, pics to come.  Until next time, cheers!

No comments