Summer is coming to an end.
Hip, hip hooray! That's what this mama has to say!
Boo! That's what my kiddos have to say!
We spent the last week of summer much like we did the first. Jip was gone (well, for most of it). RJ went to a camp at BrickHeadZ. And, Ryleigh and I did a bunch of errands.
The last week of camp was a neat one for RJ. They built Lego contraptions to be used by minifigure super heroes that they came up with. Then the counselors took photos of the Legos and minifig in a white box and helped the kiddos write a comic book. I don't have any pics of the final product, but I have a few pics of other Legos RJ made. RJ took the photos with my phone. :)
As I was uploading photos this evening, I found this gem.
Jip got home on Thursday and he had Friday off. The ship should be in for just about a month. We'll take that time and keep Jip busy!
We had the kids' school open houses during the week. Ryleigh's was on Tuesday. We met her teacher, played a bit, and learned there are only six kids in her class. That's exciting! I also learned I'm back to bringing snacks, and since there are six kids, that means bringing them 3 times a month. That's NOT exciting!
RJ's open house was on Thursday, and Jip was able to make that one. They had an assembly in the gym, then we got to go to RJ's classroom to meet his teacher, put his supplies in his desk, and learn about what his day will look like. RJ's teacher loves to put an emphasis on reading. That's what RJ needs, so we are delighted with that!
Tropical Storm Hermine wreaked a little bit of havoc on us on Saturday. The storm took out our power for nearly three hours. You would have thought the world was ending without internet/wi-fi. Ryleigh made the most of it, though--she beat Mom and Dad in a game of Trouble.
On Sunday, Jip had duty. Without Dad to harass, Ryleigh asked to do a craft and pulled out a bunch of activity sticks from the jar until she found one that she liked and that I had supplies for. I made her some peanut butter play dough. Once I mixed it up for her, she rolled it out and cut into shapes. We let them air dry a bit before diving in. They were good. But, you can't go wrong with peanut butter, marshmallows, and powdered sugar, right?
The kiddos start school on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to putting RJ on the bus, but a bit nervous for him, too. I'm looking forward to Ryleigh being in a small classroom, but I'm anxious to see how her schedule really ends up meshing with RJ's as well as her ballet and gymnastics classes. I know it is going to be a good school year--we just have to find our groove after a summer with very little routine.
Anyway, pics of the first day to come. Until next time, cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments