Freshening Up

Both kids had been using the same dressers as when they were babies.  Needless to say, as their clothes got bigger, the amount of room in the dressers dwindled.  And, I'm not ashamed to say that I really like clothing my kids, so they have a lot of clothes.  That didn't help the drawer space situation.  So, it was time for them to graduate.

We hope we chose dressers that can carry them well into their teens.  They are solid wood, and we bought them unfinished to allow us to customize them to fit our kiddos' personalities and styles.  They are both officially done.  In one more week, the kids can put things on top, so I thought I should take advantage now of the clean look and take a couple of snapshots.

Jip made RJ's pulls from copper pipe and bell-shaped pipe hangers.  He put his soldering skills to work and in no time at all, created this industrial look.


Ryleigh's pulls are round-ish, faceted balls.  She loves them.


We also improved their nightstands--RJ's got matching pulls and Ryleigh's got hot pink drawers and matching pulls.  But, pics of those will have to wait until they aren't holding all of the clutter that will soon be on top of the dressers.  :)

We also changed out their walls and lamps.  The lamps are still in progress (no Prime shipping for those), as is one of RJ's walls.  But, Ryleigh's wall above her bed is done.  She picked out the crown and "love", and I repainted some frames, incorporated an "R" from her cousins, repurposed her old bulletin board fabric, and made the "sparkle" sign using my die-cutting machine.   I love how it turned out.


When we weren't redecorating the kiddos' bedrooms, we were having a very normal week.  RJ started a weekly robotics workshop at BrickHeadZ.  He had a blast!  Ryleigh and I stayed for open build, and she played dress-up, as usual.



On Saturday morning, we did the monthly Home Depot workshop.  But, Ryleigh wasn't feeling well and didn't look well, so we made it quick.  Thankfully I was able to get her into her regular doctor later that morning.  I love her doctor, and Ryleigh loves her--even when she tells us that Ryleigh has pink eye.  The medicine helped right away and Ry looked pretty good Saturday night.  But, Sunday morning, the other eye was looking icky.  And, the medicine didn't seem to be working as fast on that eye.  We'll see in the morning how the medicine worked overnight and if some rest helped. To top it off, I think all four of us are fighting colds again.  Maybe by June, we'll have a healthy household?  One can dream...

It should be a pretty routine week.  We have a couple of extra things going on, but more about that next week.  :)  As always, pics to come.  Until next time, cheers!

No comments