St. Patrick's Day and Shenanigans

The kids were both pretty excited to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  Ryleigh had a bunch of green food and a rainbow fruit platter in her class.  RJ just liked the idea of everyone wearing green.  To keep them from getting pinched, I made them t-shirts, mimicking designs I found on Pinterest.  I think they turned out pretty cute!


Ryleigh decided she was cold, so she accessorized before she went to school.


Saturday night, the kids enjoyed some shenanigans by way of BrickHeadZ Kids' Night Out.  They participated in Nerf gun wars, building Legos, eating pizza and cookies, playing Minecraft, and more. Jip and I weren't quite sure what to do with 3 hours of free time on a Saturday evening.  We did manage to find some delicious Japanese curry and gyoza at a hole-in-the-wall ramen shop.  We reminisced about our days in Japan and kept telling the waiter how much we enjoyed the curry.  We then wandered around a few stores before getting to BrickHeadZ too early.  We sat in the car and let them get the most out of their time there.  They managed to stay awake for the ride home, but they were exhausted and actually slept until 7. Woo hoo!

Sunday morning we got some snow.  It was a surprise--it wasn't supposed to snow south of Williamsburg.  But, it snowed for a good 45 minutes before it turned back to rain.  RJ was at Ninja Zone while it snowed, but Ryleigh got to take advantage of our unexpected white stuff.



We are anticipating a quick visit from some San Diego friends this week.  I haven't told RJ and Ryleigh in case plans fall through or weather hampers the visit.  But, I'm crossing my fingers I get to see my friend Torii and her family for a couple hours.

As always, pics to come of our week, whatever it ends up holding.  Until next time, cheers!

No comments