May Day and Seis de Mayo

Ryleigh's school celebrated May Day with a little singing performance.  Sorry for the wind in the videos, but I think you can still hear the cuteness.  And, I know you can see it.







Jip was in DC all week, but he was home in time to host his Chiefs and Officers for a taco party on May 6th.  I think we had around 40 people in the house at once.  Remarkably, it didn't feel crowded.  We had set stuff up in the backyard, but wouldn't you know it--it started raining as soon as the party began.  But, people did their usual and gathered around the food in the kitchen and kids played upstairs.  I think everyone had a great time.  Of course, I have no pictures to prove it, as I was busy socializing.  But, Jip did take a couple pictures of the spreads before everyone arrived.




We haven't celebrated (yet) a couple of noteworthy events this week.  1) Jip has been selected as a CAPTAIN.  He'll actually be promoted in September of 2018.  There were some hints from a couple Admirals that he was selected, but it is nice to see it on paper.  2) RJ has been selected for the Gifted and Talented Program.  We are delighted that he will get to meet with other G&T kids and the G&T resource teacher a couple times per week next year.

This week, RJ has his music program.  Ryleigh has ballet individual and group photos in her beautiful costume.  Jip has overnight duty--quite possibly the last overnight duty in his Naval career.  Ever.  :)  We also have the usual gymnastics and Junior Robotics.  Throw in a birthday party and a make-up Ninja Zone class for good measure.  As always, pics to come!

Until next time, cheers!


No comments