New Hobby?

I was waiting to do this blog post because I knew what we'd be doing today.  We introduced ourselves to the world of geocaching.  We thought the kids would get a kick out of using the phones as a compass and GPS locator as well as following clues.  And, we were right!

Our first stop was actually a bust.  We couldn't find the geocache box, even though both phones said we were right on top of it and all of the hints and comments from people told us we were looking in the right spot.  But, the second stop, along a trail in a nearby park, was successful!




The kids then played in the park for a bit.  I needed to run to the store for a couple things, so I chose a store that had a cache stashed somewhere in the parking lot.  Jip and the kids searched for it while I ran in for my few items.


I think we may have found a new family hobby!

The rest of the weekend was pretty leisurely.  The kids went to a kids' night out at BrickHeadZ while we enjoyed the company of our long-time friends John and Patti.  We introduced our kids to the magic of The Man from Snowy River and E.T.  And, the kids accompanied Jip on a run at Mt. Trashmore and got to play a little.





This week should be pretty routine for us.  Junior Robotics at BrickHeadZ is over, and we are down to two more weeks plus a recital for ballet.  Gymnastics and Ninja Zone will continue through the summer, though gymnastics may change in commitment level if we decide Ryleigh should continue to the pre-team level.  Ryleigh has also been asked to move up to either Ballet 1 or a Jazz/Hip Hop combo class.  We have some decisions to make in the next couple weeks!

As always, pics to come.  Until next time, cheers!


No comments