Jip and I took on a few projects in the last couple weeks to make things around us prettier or more festive or both.
The kids got new water bottles and they helped pick out their designs. I cut the designs out of outdoor vinyl and stuck them on. We'll see how long they last. I'm guessing I'll be replacing them around Christmas.
Then it was on to the Halloween decorations. First I tackled three craft pumpkins with some vinyl and some stands with black chalk paint.
Next I livened up the corner of our porch with some repurposed craft pumpkins from the kids, some paint, and a few other odds and ends, including a lantern we've had since we got married.
The last project was a fun one for Jip and I. We reused a planter we've had forever--it's amazing what black spray paint can do! Then a few craft pumpkins, a dowel, scrap wood, and some Xmas lights later, and voila!
The rest of our weekend was filled with the kiddo's usual activities and a fun evening with friends at a bowling alley then their house.
This week, Ryleigh gets to go on her first field trip ever and RJ gets an award. The weekend will be filled with the normal kiddo activities plus two birthday parties and a little shopping to get Jip prepared to be an observer in civilian clothes during an inspection at another shipyard. As always, pics to come. Until next time, cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments