Last week, the kids and I celebrated my birthday on Tuesday evening with a fairly quiet dinner at Chili's after gymnastics and hip hop classes. Three other birthdays were celebrating there, so there was definitely no need to hear the staff sing Happy Birthday again to me.
On Wednesday, the kids and I took Greer and Gavin to Hickory Ridge Farm. Their parents are in the process of moving into a new house, so the boys were grateful to get away from unpacking boxes and I think their parents were grateful to not have complaints about unpacking boxes for a couple hours. The kids completely wore themselves out. We recharged with pumpkin cookies, but my two still slept really well--and I'm guessing the other boys slept well, too.
Jip returned from Maine/New Hampshire suuuuuper late Friday night, but he was able to jump right back into our weekend routine, despite the lack of sleep. After ballet, we ate a little lunch and then headed to Tye Dye It Yourself for Ryleigh's birthday party. What a great time! We ended up with 11 kids, ranging from Kindergarten to 4th grade, and I think they each had a great time. Parents loved meeting one another and gabbing until the very end. The staff at the shop were amazing. It was truly one of the best parties we've had for the kiddos.
This week should be pretty normal, but another busy weekend is ahead with a school dance, Halloween party, PB&J symphony series, and trunk or treat put on by the USO--I'm volunteering for NMCRS at our booth and the kids will get to trick or treat with 998 or so of their closest friends. Add in coding, ballet, and Ninja Zone, and I think we're fully booked.
As always, pics to come. Until next time, cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments