Jip's second incoming Change of Command was June 29, 2023. Jip again relieved CAPT Dianna Wolfson, but this time it was for command of Norfolk Naval Shipyard. It was another great ceremony. It was a typical hot Hampton Roads day, but thankfully everyone stayed upright for the ceremony--I don't know how the military in attendance did it, as they had to be on their feet the whole time!
I was honored to have Kathy Nelson, a retired Navy Captain and my former "boss" at Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society - Norfolk, sit with our family. Because the CoC ceremony is about the outgoing person, Jip kept his speech short. After the ceremony, we had lunch with Jip in his office, then let him get to work. But, we did make Jip cut his workday short so we could host a get-together to mark his first day in Command. The food was terrific, the wine was glorious, and the company was amazing! I didn't manage to take any pictures that afternoon, as I was just too excited to catch up with friends. But, it was a lovely afternoon/evening at the Waters Edge Winery.
If you missed the ceremony, you can find it on Facebook: NNSY CoC 2023

No comments