$10 Peanut Butter

Yikes! I paid $10 for peanut butter at the resort's little grocery store. I thought I should bring some in my suitcase, but then thought, "Nah." Lesson learned. When coming to Thailand, pack your own peanut butter.

I should also have packed bread. The store doesn't carry it. I find it odd that a resort that caters to Aussies and Russians in particular doesn't have bread for sale. They do have some bread at breakfast, so we could steal some slices to make the kids their pb&js and grilled cheeses (I also paid $8 for 12 slices of cheese. But, I kind of expected that.). Instead, Jip is going to rent a scooter tomorrow and ride into town to get bread, French bread (to accompany pasta) and coke. It will be fun for him--at least I hope it will be!!

Anyway, our day was low key. It rained most of the day. We walked to breakfast in the rain. We walked home in the rain. We played in the pool in the rain.

Housekeeping came while we were in the pool. One of the ladies picked a flower off a tree in our courtyard and placed it behind Ryleigh's ear. Ryleigh walked around saying "pretty" for several minutes until it finally fell off.

I just had to use the peanut butter, so I made pb&js with Ritz crackers. While I was making lunch, I slipped on the wet floor in the kitchen and hurt my foot--bad. I haven't cried from a fall since I fell on my stairs when pregnant with RJ, but today's fall made me sob. (I'm a klutz--I fall a lot!). But, I think in a couple days I wont be able to tell it happened, as the huge bruise is already fading. RJ kissed my head and promised I would get better, and I believe him.

This afternoon we all took naps. All 4 of us. It was grand!! We played hard in the pool again after the naps. Dinner was in the room tonight. Mac and cheese that I brought with me for the kids, room service for Jip and me.

We don't know that tomorrow holds, but we don't care--we're on vacay!!

1 comment

  1. WOW, that's some pricey peanut butter. Hope your foot injury isn't anything more than a bruise. All that pool time in your own pool must be fabulous =)

    ReplyDelete