Daiso is Japan's answer to The Dollar Store. Nearly everything is 100 yen. What they carry, though, is crazy. Checkout what I bought today for about $21.50--and yes, each item was 100 yen.
70 cm x 70 cm red felt
70 cm x 70 cm orange felt
Suitcase strap -- those giant straps you wrap around your suitcase to ensure it stays closed (x2)
Carry on strap (to connect a small bag to a suitcase)
Socks for Ryleigh
Socks for RJ (x2)
4-pack of bubbles
3-pack of rubber balls
Cement truck
Loader
Dump truck
Water guns (x2)
Submarine pool toys (x2)
3-pack of bath toys
"Tornado" toy
Pack of hair bands for Ryleigh
I needed felt because Jip and I have a craft project to do for RJ. (Due to the sequestration, the craft store on base closed, so off-base is now the only option for paints, fabric, model kits, and more.) Then I saw the suitcase straps and carry-on strap and knew we needed those for our craft. (Are you curious? Stay tuned. We'll post the results when we are done!) The rest of my purchases were either for our trip to Thailand next week or purely impulse buys.
I'm always amazed by what's at Daiso. Men's dress shirts. Garlic powder. Cafe curtains. Flower pots. Wine. Dishes. Silicone strainers. It is the most random place.
I probably could have done a lot more damage at Daiso, but I had to get back to base to pick up RJ from preschool. But, the kids will surely love what we are bringing with us to Thailand and I won't be sad if they break from some good solid play on our trip.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Daiso Field Trip
loading..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am intrigued about this craft project! Hope you guys have an amazing trip to Thailand, cant' wait to see the pics.
ReplyDelete