Today was Friendship Day. Friendship Day is when the base is open to the public, and throngs of people come on base to eat American food from the many booths, play the cheesy carnival games, and watch the various entertainment options.
I hate Friendship Day. It is way too many people and way too hot. So, we decided to find our own fun today.
First, the kids played outside in their pajamas after Jip mowed.
After lunch and naps, the kids played outside while Jip did his good deed and helped at the SRF food booth (to raise money for various morale-maintenace-type activities). Jip took a pic of the crowd so I would know I wasn't missing anything.
We then met Jip at the playground, where the kids tried out the re-installed bouncy-springy animals.
We ran home to eat dinner, then it was back out to the sea wall to watch the fireworks--the only good part of Friendship Day.
We're looking forward to a normal day on a normal base tomorrow.

No comments