Slow (News) Week

The week was pretty ordinary for the kids--until the end of the week.  Ryleigh complained Friday night of her head itching.  Her school had warned that someone in her classroom had head lice the previous week, so we thought it was best to inspect.  And, yep.  Sure enough--lice.  Ugh.  Then we checked RJ.  Yep again.  It was late and with the weekend coming up, we thought it was best to just tackle everything first thing Saturday morning.  I ran to the drug store after they went to bed so I'd be prepared to get them both treated before Ryleigh had to be at ballet. 



Hopefully one treatment will be all we need.  I did enough laundry throughout the weekend that the washer and dryer were practically begging for a break by Sunday evening.  We're crossing our fingers that the kids didn't have enough head-to-head contact or share hats with any friends and that we're done with this whole mess.  And, I'm crossing my fingers that my head passes each daily inspection by Jip.  I really hope this is a once-in-a-childhood occurrence. 

In other news, RJ showed up on BrickHeadZ's Facebook page.


And, we received RJ's school pictures.  I'll be glad when the "I refuse to show my teeth" phase is over.



This week should be another pretty normal week.  Next weekend, we are taking a little road trip north for some PBS-kind of fun.  We are all looking forward to getting out of Dodge and playing tourist.  As always, pics to come.

Until next time, cheers!

No comments