I also worked on a new chore board for the kids. We came up with chores and nice things to do for others and assigned monetary amounts. I then put the chores on paper, cut them, glued them to the inside of bottle caps, covered the paper with an epoxy sticker (so much better than pouring epoxy!), glued on magnets, and... Ta-da! Making your bed gets you $0.25, putting away laundry gets you $0.50, and cleaning the kiddo bathroom gets you $1.00. The kids have their eyes on some new Lego sets, so if they want to fill a standard-sized Amazon box with toys to donate, they can get $5.00 for that endeavor. I figure that one is a win-win-win. Once RJ or Ry completes a chore, they move the chore magnet from the bank to their section. We'll cash out on Sunday evenings. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
This week should be pretty normal. I have a luncheon to attend on Tuesday and Jip is acting Commanding Officer of the shipyard until Friday. The kiddos have their normal activities and will hopefully be able to get outside a couple times, too.
Until next time, cheers!








No comments