PSNS Change of Command

I'm finally able to blog about the Change of Command.  It took a bit to get the pictures edited and cleared by the shipyard, but the real challenge was in getting them home.  But, we finally managed to do so.  


I think we were lucky that Jip was able to have a formal ceremony with people present.  We know a carrier CO who did his Change of Command over the ship's public address system.  We have friends who had a ceremony only with the military members involved.  So, I'm so glad they got to make a big deal about the truly big deal it is.  Yes, there were hiccups with trying to simulcast on Microsoft Teams and Facebook live, but the hiccups were short-lived for those of us physically present and the YouTube video filled the void for those who could not be present.  If you still haven't seen it, you can watch the ceremony if you are so inclined:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Gp-JIrxZk&fbclid=IwAR2ynX5I_2UV9MboIIVAQ9dkTY550OlSZfXth4kaiOiFE_XEFB0tCVxML5k


Here are a few snapshots from Jip's big day.












There you have it.  CAPT Jip Mosman, the 51st Commander of Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility, is at the helm.

No comments