It was quite nice today here in Yoko. The temperature got up into the fifties with the sun shining and relatively no wind. I was outside for a little while today around lunch as I ran over to the Fleet Recreation Center to get a run in on the treadmill. Why run on the treadmill when the weather is so nice, you ask? I don't have a good answer for that. If I run outside, I end up running about 2.5 miles. If I go run on the treadmill, I do a 5K (3.1 miles). There really isn't much difference I suppose, but running on the treadmill sounded like a good option for some reason. Regardless, I got some exercise in so I can keep my (not so) girlish figure ;)
While I was at work today, Amy and RJ had their last swimming lesson for this go around. RJ has proven that he is ready for the preschool level swim class now which means that in May or June, whenever we can get him scheduled for a class, he'll be swimming in the pool without Amy. This will be good for him and will also allow Amy to swim in the pool with Ryleigh. Since the weather was nice, RJ also got to spend some time at the playground. While there he got to watch a Navy helicopter do some rescue exercises, and he got to burn some excess energy. Tonight, Amy had a get together with a friend for a little while so I fed the kids dinner (well, I guess I didn't really feed Ryleigh...she just hung out with RJ and I while we ate) and played with the two kiddos. Ryleigh is getting much stronger and likes to be on her tummy for much longer periods of time now. She, RJ, and I played in the "office" for a long time after we ate some dinner. After that, we cleaned up the toys and headed upstairs for our baths around 7:50. Amy got home just as RJ was getting into the tub and from then on, it's was a typical bath night--scrub-a-dub-dub, into jammies, read some books, go to sleep...
Here are some pictures from today. Enjoy!
 |
| Here goes the rescue swimmer being lowered down into the water. |
 |
| Here he comes back up after the "rescue." |
 |
| A closer picture of the SH-60 helicopter. |
 |
| RJ watching the helo drills. |
 |
| Wheeee! |
 |
| See how fast I can run! |
 |
| Ryleigh having some quality time with her pacifier. |
 |
| The scene in the tub tonight after playing with the bubbles. |
 |
| RJ was having too much fun throwing the bubbles around with his fan (which lost the paper off of it after it got wet last Sunday). |
Here's to having a good bubble bath!
-Jip
I'm a treadmill runner too...my excuse is that it's easier on my joints =) In actuality it's probably because it's just easier *lol*
ReplyDeleteA good bubble bath can make any good day even better!