Two parties

A couple parties occurred today.  First, there was RJ's swim party which occurred after RJ's last swim lesson (of this session--he'll do more later this summer).  The second party was at SRF where my Commanding Officer had a change of command ceremony today.  For most of the military at the command, it was about an hour and a quarter of standing in our choker whites at either parade rest or at attention.  Near the end, I thought my knees weren't going to bend again and my head was splitting with a massive headache caused by my combination cover.  My cover has never fit very well, but I didn't ever think it was worth paying to replace it.  When I get promoted in a couple months, though, I'll have to buy a new one (O-5 has a pattern on the bill -- "scrambled eggs" is what they are commonly referred to) so I'll try to get one that fits more comfortably.  The one I currently have is the one I got when I was commissioned and I think my head has maybe gotten a little fatter since then :)

It was Friday, it was quiet at work, and we haven't watched a movie in a theater for a while, so Amy convinced me to come home a little early and go watch "Brave" at the theater.  Since it only costs us $3 each to get in (RJ and Ryleigh are free), we figured that it was worth a try.  Ryleigh was very attentive to the movie and RJ did well except for some scarier parts involving the bears.  I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and was glad we went.  I think we'll have to own this Pixar movie as well when it comes out on Blu-ray (Xmas, maybe?).

Not much news other than that.  I think I'll close with some random RJ quotes from the last few days:

At the dinner table:
RJ:  "You're the best Mom."
Amy:  "Thanks, RJ."
RJ:  "Thank you for doing your job."

=============================

In bed while I'm trying to get him down and right after I told him to go to sleep:
RJ:  "I'm sorry you're mad."
Me:  "I'm not mad, but it's after 9:30 and you need to get some sleep."
RJ:  "My boo-boo will feel better in the morning."
Me:  (with a puzzled look on my face on how those two relate) "Okay."

=============================

While describing his new Lego creation:
RJ:  "Dad, it's a combine firetruck."
Me: "Is that Mack?" (from CARS)
RJ:  "Yes.  Mack's a combine firetruck."
Me:  "How does it work?"
RJ:  "It cuts the grass and puts out fires."
Me:  "Who's driving the truck."
RJ:  "The fireman farmer."
I guess he's got all the details worked out.

Have a great day/night/weekend!
-Jip


No comments