Who's That Boy, and What Did He Do with RJ?

It was a chilly day for swimming lessons. You all remember those days--when the water was warmer than the air. I was scared how RJ would react. Would it be tears? Would it be stubbornness?

I was pleasantly surprised that it was none of those things. In fact, RJ was a whole new boy this morning. He listened while the camp counselors sang their songs. He sorta listened to the safety briefing on life jackets. But, most importantly, he got in the pool on his own, stayed there most of the time, kicked when he was supposed to, etc. RJ even swam through the hula hoop on command. It was an excellent lesson!

I don't know if it was the water temperature, getting to use life jackets at the beginning of class, or just a new attitude, but I'll take it! I hope tomorrow goes as well!!

In other news, RJ's and Ryleigh's navular-type outfits are done. They are so cute! I haven't put them on the kids yet, but here's the photo from my amazingly talented seamstress/magician's Facebook page.

Happy Monday!

1 comment