Busy, Busy!

Phew!  We were a busy crew this week.  Jip left for Norfolk last Sunday for 3 days of meetings, and the kids and I did our very best to keep busy.

On Monday, we kicked off swimming lessons with Miss Elle again.  It's amazing what a few months of maturity will do!  Both kids did terrific and we are looking forward to doing it all over again this week and next.


Monday evening, the kids helped with a little craft project.  I cut freezer paper (Seriously.  Freezer paper.) stencils of Optimus Prime and Wonder Woman and ironed them onto t-shirts.  The kiddos then used fabric paint to fill in the stencils.


They turned out great!  I then sprayed silver fabric paint on the fronts with the Autobots and Wonder Woman symbols of their shirts.  That didn't turn out so great.  But, lesson learned--freezer paper stencils are awesome for pounce-able paint!  I will definitely do that technique again!

We had a couple play dates and more swimming.  By Thursday, I had very tired kids.  They usually wake me up, but after all of our activities, I actually had to wake them.  But, before I did, I took this cute picture.

Saturday morning we did our usual first-Saturday-of-the-month Home Depot kids' workshop.  When we walked up to register, Ryleigh was asked if she was ready to paint.  Ha!  

This month, the kids made wooden replicas of the truck you can rent from home depot.  




Saturday afternoon was birthday party #1 at Pump It Up.  The theme was superheroes, thus why we made the Optimus and Wonder Woman t-shirts.  Despite too much silver that didn't stay in the stencil, they looked pretty cute.  And, the kids had a great time, as always!



On Sunday, we attended birthday party #2 of the weekend at Kid Ventures.  We had the whole place for just the birthday party.  That was pretty fun for kids and the adults appreciated the focus of the staff being just on the party people.


Jip and I also got a little crafty this week. I finished up activity jars for the kids for when school is out.  The kids will choose a stick out of a jar based on a general category:  Fun with Food, Quiet Time Activities, Outside Play, Energy Burning Activities, Things We Can Make, Activities We Can Do, and Family Activities.  Then we will have to do whatever is on the stick.  We'll see how this goes over.  And, as always, pics to come.


Saturday, Jip and I collaborated to make a couple of Lego-like mini figure heads.  We've been saving up the perfect jars.  A little yellow spray paint and some vinyl decals made for two awesome storage vessels for mini figures.  We will probably make at least one or two more because, well, why not!?!  And, frankly, we have a lot of mini figs.


That's our week.  This week is the last full week of school.  Swimming and play dates and speech will keep us busy again.

We hope your week was great!  Until next time, cheers!!

No comments