"Sports" Day

Each month, the kids' school has a fun Friday with a different theme.  May's fun Friday was Sports Day.  I put sports in quotations because the preschool kids' activities aren't exactly sports, but they are still fun.  Each activity is a relay: riding a hippity hop, pillowcase hopping, running with a baton, running and crawling through a tunnel, carrying an egg on a spoon, balancing a ball on a plate while walking, hopping with a ball between the knees, leaping on lily pads, and tossing bean bags in a bucket.  I volunteered to help and was lucky enough to get both kids on my team.  (Thanks, teachers!!). Here are a few pics.





The kids and I enjoyed a trip to the park Sunday.  RJ spent a lot of time in the sandbox then pretended to be a monster and chased a bunch of older kids around the playground.  Ryleigh discovered she doesn't need mama to help her on the monkey bars.  She was a girl obsessed and determined.  And I imagine her arms and hands will be a little sore tomorrow.  




Today is June 1. How can that be?  Only 5 days of preschool at Bonita Country Day left for Ryleigh.  Only 12 days of preschool left for RJ. Ever.  Crazy!!  We're working on finishing strong and having a good last summer in San Diego.  We hope your May was fabulous, and we wish you a great June!

No comments