Jip returned on Saturday from the GW's last underway for four plus years. The kids probably didn't realize the significance, but it was the last time Jip will come in from sea on GW, and quite possibly, his last underway of his Navy career. Still, they were excited to help commemorate the occasion by watching the ship come in.
After Jip got back, we grabbed lunch and headed home. Then we turned right around and headed to our friends John and Patti's house for some dinner and lively conversation. Their teenage boys are so tolerant of our two, and we are so grateful!
On Sunday, the four of us enjoyed Breakfast with Santa again. We had a lovely morning with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Unfortunately, Jip wasn't able to make it home in time for Ryleigh's school's mini Christmas concert. But, Ryleigh has made sure that Jip is all caught up on all "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and "Feliz Navidad." I have video for another time, but for now, here are a couple pictures of our girl doing a great job signing the same note for every word of every song.
As part of the kids' Advent calendars, I wanted to make them something they could wear to school that would be Christmas-y, but not too embarrassing. I found a couple of designs by someone else that I downloaded and cut into flocked heat transfer material. I ironed it on and voila! I think they turned out pretty cute!
As for this week, we have a few things planned. Jip has a couple days off from the ship this week. But, we aren't letting him have a day off, as we are sending him to the house we own to do some work on it to get it ready for sale. Ryleigh and I went on Thursday to take a bunch of measurements. We all went on Sunday to take some tools and supplies and do some little things. I'm sure Jip will get more done in the first ten minutes there than we did when we all went--it's funny how quickly an empty house can become boring to a 7-year-old and 5-year-old.
RJ's class party is on Wednesday. I was asked to be his classroom's room mom. Thankfully, through technology, I was able to send out the notifications to each class member's family and have parents sign up to bring in items or volunteer at the party. I just hope the kids don't blow through all of the activities I have planned and will be bored. Of course, it will probably be the opposite, and we won't get to all of the things I have planned. But, just in case, I have supplies for an extra activity. And, we can always turn to reading a Christmas book or singing some carols.
Ryleigh has the week off from school, but her activities are still going on. RJ has a half day on Thursday, and then his break kicks in. We're going to try to make it out to the beach again for beach lights. And, the anticipation of a holiday with just the four of this continues to build. Jip and I will enjoy filets and the kids will probably enjoy PB&Js or grilled cheeses. However it turns out, pics to come, as always. Until next time, cheers! And, Merry Christmas!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments