Merry Christmas!
Yes, it is a cheesy posed photo, but I'll take it.
Let me back up a bit... On Christmas Eve, Ryleigh put out food (oatmeal) for the reindeer. There was also glitter mixed in so that the reindeer would find their way by the sparkles in the moonlight.
Christmas morning was typically early. Santa brought RJ a bunch of Hot Wheels track and Ryleigh a My Little Pony Castle. Our families also took very good care of them, and we are very grateful!
The rest of the day was pretty leisurely. Lots of playing, much Lego building, and many sugar cookies filled the day. Although it was a quiet Christmas as compared to when we travel for the holiday, we very much enjoyed our day of family time.
So, now let me back up a little bit more. On Tuesday, Ryleigh's dance class did a parents-in-studio class, which allowed us to sit in the studio and watch the class close up instead of through the two-way mirror. Ryleigh enjoyed showing us her skills and showing off her ballet vocabulary.
On Thursday, Ryleigh stayed with a lovely babysitter while I went and did the Room Mom thing for RJ's class. It's amazing how time flies when you have 25 first graders in a room. Seriously. I had four activities, one craft, and a snack planned. We got through two activities, about 3/4 of the craft, and about 3/4 of the snack before the kids had to run out of the door. I felt bad that we didn't have everyone ready to go on time, but I didn't take into account that some kids like to be a little more leisurely than my two. Still, I think, or at least hope, they all had a good time.
The rest of the week was filled with doing stuff to our rental house. Jip went by himself on Monday and Saturday. We all went on Friday. We're hopeful that tomorrow afternoon will be the last trip to do stuff to the house.
This week should fly. The kids will be going to BrickHeadZ camp each morning. I'm sure they'll play hard in the afternoons. Jip has duty one night this week, but the rest of his work days should be pretty normal. I'll slowly start taking down the Christmas decorations. Hopefully everyone will stay healthy and we can take in a few other fun activities during the break. As always, pics to come.
Until next time, cheers!


No comments