We sent Jip on his merry way Monday night. The ship didn't leave until the next day, but it is so much better to drop Jip off earlier than they are required to be there just to avoid the mad rush.
The kids and I stuck to our usual schedules. We had some nice afternoons, so we were able to sneak in some outside play. But to mix it up a little, I surprised RJ and Ryleigh with a little Lego Christmas craft. Back in October, I had been looking at ornaments on Etsy, and like many other times I've looked at Etsy or Pinterest, I decided that I/we could make our own cute ornaments. So, I ordered the individual pieces I needed from Lego based on the various pictures I saw on Etsy. Lego shipped just the pieces I needed from Denmark. And, after kid assemble and Mom coming back in with modeling cement, we ended up with these.
On Friday afternoon, the kids and I left immediately after school to meet Torrie and Anna in Raleigh. The trip took an hour longer than it should have thanks to getting stuck behind an accident that required a giant tow truck. But, the kids were patient and well-behaved. Ryleigh napped. They both ate some Sonic. After we got to the hotel, kids got in their jammies and Torrie and I enjoyed some late room service.
On Saturday, we took the kids to a trampoline park to burn some energy. Then we went to watch Anna play soccer. Anna scored the only goal of the game and played really well. It was so fun to watch her! The crowd was thoroughly entertained by RJ and Ryleigh who shouted almost the entire game, "Go Anna! You can do it!!" We then had to let Anna go have lunch with her team, so we found our own lunch and headed back to the hotel for some pool time. We were all pretty tired after the pool, so we ate in the restaurant in the hotel. The kids were passed out close to their bedtime, and Torrie and I weren't too far behind them.
Anna's Sunday game was early and it was chilly, so we let Torrie do that one by herself. But, we waited at the hotel for her to return so we could say goodbye. We had an uneventful trip back, making only one stop for a potty break and snacks. The kids had a great time hanging with Torrie and seeing Anna. I loved catching up with both ladies. RJ sniffled himself to sleep tonight, repeating over and over that he missed Torrie.
This week should be somewhat routine, but the holiday-centered activities are starting to kick in. We have a cookie exchange on Saturday and the Symphony on Sunday. Fun things like that help the time without Jip pass a little bit quicker. As always, pics to come. Until next time, cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments