Cute moment

I'm sitting here writing this blog entry on a new app we downloaded on the iPad. We'll see what kind of luck we have with it.

On to the cute moment. We needed to get out of the house this afternoon, so a trip to the playground was in order. I gave RJ the choice of playgrounds. He chose the one by McDonalds. I was thrilled--it is fenced in and everything is meant for 1-3'year olds, so I can actually sit on a bench and just watch RJ play. Plus, I could treat myself to an iced tea. But, once we were there, RJ played for only 10 minutes and announced he was ready to go home. So, back to the car we went. We hit the drive-thru then started heading home. On the way home, RJ suddenly changed his mind and wanted to go to the playground by the water. Fine. We pulled up and RJ saw that no one was there, and he changed his mind again. I was okay with that--I wanted to get outside, but I wasn't really in the mood to chase RJ everywhere on that big playground. Back home we went. In the middle of all of the drive-thruing and mind-changing, Ryleigh had fallen asleep. But, on the way home the second time, she woke up, and she wasn't happy. When we pulled up to the house, I decided I needed to make a couple trips. I didn't really feel frazzled, but I must have looked it, for when I came back to the car to get RJ and a still crying Ryleigh (first trip was to carry my tea, RJ's OJ, my purse, and unlock the door), RJ said, "Mom, I'm going to hug you and make you feel better." I didn't have to have the hug--just the words made everything right with the world, at least for a few moments. The hug was a bonus!!

1 comment

  1. That is so cute! Maybe he knew his mind changing was a little over the top =)

    ReplyDelete