We ventured to Yokohama again today, or as RJ called it this afternoon--Yoyobubba. The reason for our trip today was Disney On Ice. I loved the Ice Capades when I was little, and I thought RJ might get the same kick out of the ice skating, costumes, and music.
We knew the dialog would be in Japanese, but we were surprised that all the Disney songs we know and love were in Japanese. I thought those lyrics would be untouchable. Heigh-Ho and Be Our Guest just weren't quite the same in Japanese. Despite not understanding a lick of what we heard, Jip and I still got the gist of all the stories--but that was probably because we've seen the movies. I don't think RJ got any of the story lines, but I think he still had fun. We bought some outrageously expensive popcorn and icee-type thing in a souvenir bag and cup and I was very grateful for all those times my parents did the same for me!
I only took pictures of the first part from Aladdin, but you get the idea.
Tinkerbell tied all the stories together.
I'm always impressed when two skaters can coordinate their movements--especially when wearing a camel costume!
Most of the skaters were not Asian. I counted only 4 principals and 1 chorus member who appeared to be Japanese, including Jasmine and Aladdin.
RJ was engrossed about 80% of the time.
Ryleigh clapped at all the right times.
Lastly, this sign was in the restrooms. I never knew I was supposed to gargle after using the restroom!
Despite having to wait an hour to get out of the parking garage, it was a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

No comments