Kidbits

Kidbits = Kiddos + tidbits about them.

So it's been a few days since I last blogged.  I've actually been pretty boring, so I haven't had much to share.  As it turns out, I'm still pretty boring today.  Just a few tidbits to share about the kiddos.

I'm not sure if RJ got the idea about camping from a TV show or a book somewhere, but he's been into "camping under the stars" the last few days.  Amy has been nice enough to tie up a blanket in Ryleigh's room for him and he's been very excited (and bossy--"Mom, lay down here.  Dad, you lay down over there.") to pretend play.  Tonight, he was on top of the sheet which was laying on the foot stool.  He moved over about a foot which looked like an okay option since the sheet was level from the top of the foot stool over to where it was tied off, and fell off the side of the foot stool down to the floor.  From my angle, he simply disappeared and all I heard was a thump as he hit the floor.  I jumped up to see if he was okay (he was) and he said, "Dad, I fell and hurt myself.  I want to do it again!"  He's such a boy!

Ryleigh has been affectionately known as the "moon monster" lately.  RJ and I have quite often played rocket ship with a blanket over our heads over the past few weeks.  One day, we pulled the blanket off and Ryleigh was headed our direction.  Since we were pretending to be on the moon, I said, "Oh no.  Here comes a moon monster."  It stuck.  Now, I find myself referring to her as the moon monster on occasion and RJ will say, "Go away, Moon Monster."  Hopefully, it fades away soon.  I don't think that she wants to be known as the moon monster for the rest of her life.

RJ sang a song tonight about wanting to be a cowboy with a hat and riding a horse and swinging a lasso.  Again, I'm not sure if he heard it on TV or if he made it up.  If he heard it on TV, it's just more proof that he has Amy's uncanny ability to remember songs and quotes.  If he made it up, he's certainly creative!  Much more creative than me.

Ryleigh was wound up tonight and somehow figured out how to take one of RJ's plastic toy nails that came with a plastic work bench, put one end in her mouth, and blew to make a whistling sound.  She did it over and over.  I wanted to show Amy after she came downstairs, so I tried to do it myself and I couldn't.  Dang...out performed by a 10 month old.

Well, I can't think of any other kidbits for now.  I have to pick out more food for my wetting down coming up and then I need to write up the invitation for the same event. 

Have a great day/night!
-Jip


1 comment

  1. I wonder if RJ would like those glow in the dark star stickers on the ceiling...I always wanted those =)

    ReplyDelete