RJ wanted to to go the big playground by the water today. Because it felt like over 100 degrees, we waited until after 5. Unlike Monday, there weren't many kids out--it was just too hot. But, RJ finally found a 5ish-year-old boy to chase around. Then, they decided to make their own playground in the dirt. I swear that dirt is a universal language. It spans cultures and ages. It's as if dirt screams, "Boys Unite!"
They were building castles with moats--well, RJ decided to imitate the older boy and build a castle and he doesn't know what a moat is. I was trying to get a picture on the sly, but I wasn't too successful.
The boy playing with/tolerating RJ had to leave, but RJ quickly found a 6ish-year-old girl who showed RJ how to "feed the animals" by moving dirt from one side of the playground to the other. Together they fed lions, rabbits, giraffes, kangaroos, and more. He had a ball and we practically had to drag RJ home (Jip rode his bike to the playground and we all walked home together).
Since we were at the big playground, I had to keep Ryleigh in the stroller. But, she had my water bottle, so she was perfectly content. Plus, she kept pointing and babbling at the planes going by--they are better than dirt!

Have to admire the imagination of little ones =)
ReplyDelete