This afternoon we headed to the little playground near our house. Ryleigh had fun in the swing for awhile, but she was itching to crawl around. So, I set her loose, and up the stairs, toward the slide, she went. I glanced away to look at what RJ was doing and when I looked back at Ryleigh, she was halfway down the slide--head first. She did it just like a pro, with arms stretched out in front of her and flat on her belly. She stopped in plenty of time, turned around to put her feet on the ground first, and then proceeded back to the stairs to do it all over again. Ryleigh was so delighted with herself.
RJ, believe it or not, has never headed down a slide head first. But, after he saw Ryleigh do it, he tried it. The look on his face afterward made me think he was wondering why he hadn't thought of that before, because it was so fun. Of course, it helped that he was chasing his plastic cell phone down the slide.

You've got a dare devil on your hands =)
ReplyDelete