There's Pumpkin Stuff in the Pumpkin

We carved pumpkins tonight. It was the first time we've carved pumpkins with our kids. The last time we carved pumpkins, we helped Keene, New Hampshire set a Guinness Record for the most lit jack-o-lanterns in one place. And, last time we had power tools--this time, we had cheap tools from the commissary and an old Pampered Chef knife. But, I digress.

I was cleaning up dinner and Ryleigh when Jip and RJ went out back to get started. A few minutes after they went out, RJ pounded on the door and yelled, "Mom, there's pumpkin stuff in the pumpkin!" The declaration was made because when RJ asked Jip why he was cutting a hole in the bottom, Jip told him it was to get the pumpkin stuff out. So, RJ just had to make sure I knew what was in the pumpkin.

How RJ and Ryleigh helped carve. At least they were out of the way most of the time sharp objects were being used.

"Dad, you need to cut over there, too."

"This pumpkin carving is hard. I need to take a break."

Working on our silly face.

And, the final result. They aren't anything spectacular, but they delighted RJ. And Mom and Dad had fun!

1 comment

  1. Fun! And they look great =) We made the rookie mistake of carving one 10 days before Halloween. Needless to say it is now in the compost bin and pumpkin #2 will be carved tonight *LOL*

    ReplyDelete