Since Ryleigh this morning was VERY lethargic and only wanted to sleep, Jo starting feeling icky, and RJ needed to get out of the house, we decided that I should take the munchkin to Kid-o-Kid in Yokohama and have a little "boys day out."
We took off, took the long circuitous route to Yokohama because I thought I remembered which road to take--I was wrong, and arrived about 11:30 at our destination. RJ and I went up to the third floor, and he played hard for almost an hour and a half. After we got done playing, it was time to eat so we wandered over to the Minatomirai area where there are great restaurants and plenty of shopping. McDonald's was the first thing we came across and it sounded good to both of us, so we headed in. I had a normal cheeseburger and RJ had what he called "Japanese chicken nuggets." (Someday, I'll break it to him that the nugget recipe is the same regardless of what Mickey-D's he's in)
After lunch, we did a little stocking stuffer shopping just the two of us, and then we headed home. All in all, we had a great time. He was very well behaved and, to me, acted like an boy older than 3 1/2. I was very proud of him today.
Here are some photos from our adventures:
| RJ's favorite table at Kid-o-Kid. It's a popular table so sharing is often challenging. |
| I'm not sure what caused this look of determination or consternation, whichever it might be, but it's a good one! |
| He really liked this sand-mill thing. |
| Mmmm. Japanese chicken nuggets with mustard sauce. |
| We had to sit at the window since the place was hoppin' today. |
| A little "driving" time before we headed home. |
Well, I'm off to do a round of checking on the sick troops. Make your wagers and bets now, and we'll update you tomorrow night on who is the next to fall.
Stay healthy and good night!
-Jip

No comments