Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!  Today started much like many other days around here.  I had gotten up with Ryleigh at about 4:00 in the morning because her tummy was gassy.  I couldn't get her to relax and be quiet in her room so I went downstairs to the magic red chair to see if she'd calm down and doze in my lap.  The chair did the trick and we both fell asleep for a few hours.  Around 6:15, RJ woke up and started talking at full volume and being his usual not-so-quiet self.  He and Amy came downstairs around 6:45.  I was able to wish Amy a Happy Mother's Day at that point and after Ryleigh got up around 7:30 and RJ was a little more settled, we gave Amy her Mother's Day gift.  I'll admit that what RJ and I picked out may not have been the best present, but he was super excited to give it to her.  I had also included a couple cards, but he really didn't care about them and threw them aside while "helping Mom" to open the gift bag.

We changed clothes and all went out to the O-Club Mother's Day brunch.  I made reservations for it yesterday.  The food was good, the kids were okay, and I think Amy enjoyed the outing.  When we got home, we tried to take a self portrait with our camera (it has a 10 second timer function) since it's not that often that all of us are dressed up to some extent.  Below is final result after multiple tries to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time.

By the time we got done with brunch and made it through the home photo shoot, the kiddo's didn't last very long until it was nap time.  After the naps, I took the kids to the playground while Amy went to the commissary.  I know, I know--that isn't very nice of me to let her do grocery shopping on Mother's Day, but the kiddos and I playing together somewhere sure makes it easier and faster for Amy to get the shopping done. 

This evening we enjoyed some dinner and started watching "the Lightning movie that goes around the world" meaning that we watched some of CARS 2.  I'm not quite sure why RJ wanted to watch it, but we obliged.

Earlier today, RJ took the small camera and took some of his own pictures.  I had to delete quite a few, but here are several that I thought were either funny, impressive for a 2 year old, or just interesting.
Artistic?

Hi, Mom and Ryleigh.

Smile, Dad...or not.

One of a series of floor level shots.

We hope that all of you out there have a GREAT Mother's Day!  Best Wishes.
-Jip

No comments