Rain, Rain Go Away--And It Did

All day, RJ kept asking to go to the playground. But, we just couldn't get our timing right. Between Ryleigh's naps and feedings and RJ's impromptu 2.5 hour nap at 10:30 am, we couldn't get our act together until 3:45 this afternoon. Of course, I got shoes and light jackets on everyone and we stepped outside into... rain. I desperately needed to get out, though, so I decided we'd hit the drive thru for caffeine for me and drive around while willing the rain to go away. So, we drove and drove. Ryleigh slept. RJ kept asking if we could go to the playground. We drove some more. Then, we called Jip to see if he needed a ride and lo and behold, the rain stopped. So, off to the playground we went. I dried off a couple of slides and bouncy toys and RJ had a ball. Although it wasn't raining anymore, RJ insisted on having his hood up. I took this during a pause in the playing for a sip of lemonade.

And here's Ryleigh in her normal playground pose. I swear she has learned to wave.

Tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous, so I'm sure we'll hit the playground again. Jip has to work all day tomorrow. It just figures that the best day in days and for days to come is a Saturday that Jip is required to be at work. I'm still trying to figure out how sitting at a desk in an office answering his cell phone is better than being with us and answering his cell phone, but some powers that be think that sitting in an office is important. The list of all the time the Navy owes me just continues to grow.

Before I hang up for the night, here are a couple more pictures I found floating around in our photo stream on our Apple devices.

RJ is saying (or we're thinking): "Go Rams!" And, yes--those really are Ryleigh's sunglasses.

No comments