Some tales of the adventures and misadventures of Jip, Amy, RJ, and Ryleigh
Friday, October 19, 2012
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RYLEIGH!!
Happy Birthday, Ryleigh!!!
Our little cutie pie turned one today. She wore her birthday outfit which says "I'm 1 Kawaii Kid" (Kawaii is Japanese for cute) and a glittery tutu.
Look at my fancy new shirt, Mom!
Ryleigh woke up this morning to a new spring rocking horse. I think that quite a few of us had them growing up, but they sure are safer today. I remember the one that I had as a kid--open springs, metal bars for legs. The one we got for Ryleigh has plastic legs, starts out as a rocker, can be converted to a bouncy horse, comes with a little safety seat for smaller kids, covered springs so they can't pinch, etc. It also has a motion sensor and makes plenty of (annoying) sounds. She LOVES it, though, so we're quite pleased.
My work had an employee appreciation day today where we all had cookouts at lunch and the rest of the day off. Amy, RJ, and the birthday girl joined me at our party where she was very popular.
Lunch with Dad at work.
I got home a little early today because of the party so after I got changed, we opened presents from family, friends, and Mom, Dad, and RJ.
What am I supposed to do again, Mom?
RJ's gift to Ryleigh--LEGOS.
Nothing like some more Boynton books to brighten her day.
The one actual "gift" that RJ picked out for Ryleigh--a bulldozer card. She liked it and carried it with her for a while.
RJ doing some test driving of the new pink and purple dump truck.
At least 2 out of the 3 were focused on unwrapping the gift...
The next Mozart?
Several of the gifts were musical in nature, so a family band is born...
After dinner out at Chili's, we returned home to have some B-day cupcakes. Amy made the cupcakes and frosted them with different colors to make a flower shape.
A very nice flower (cup)cake. Yummy, too!
The starting point...
...after a few bites...
...some licks and a plate in the hair later...
...and again...
...led to this. Good thing it was bath night anyway.
It was a WONDERFUL day for all!
Happy 1st Birthday, Ryleigh! We love you very much.
-Dad
Awww, looks like a fun day! Boynton books are a fave here too. Love that last picture...looks like those were the best cupcakes ever =)
ReplyDelete