It doesn't look like Christmas. If we get snow, it probably won't be until late January. But, it does feel a lot like Christmas. Brrrrrrr. Even though it isn't as humid now as it is in the summer, there is enough humidity to make that cold bite just a little bit more. I bought the kids new hats and gloves (well, mittens for Ryleigh) on Saturday, and they've needed them the past couple of days! We haven't played outside, and even though the kids (actually, maybe all of us) are a bit stir crazy from it, it just isn't worth the chilliness to be outside.
It also feels a bit like Christmas because Jip and I treated ourselves to an early Christmas gift from us, to us--a new Keurig. (I know, I know, Mom and Dad--yay for you, too, as you can drink whatever you want, whenever you want during your visit.) The funny thing is, Jip and I don't like coffee. But, we love hot chocolate, hot tea, and more. And, we bought one that can accommodate the iced drinks, so we've already indulged in some tea/lemonade. The other iced tea addict in our family, aka Ryleigh, will love that, too. I also love that I can be a better hostess with it--as long as I keep the k-cups in stock.
We're still working on making it look like Christmas in our house. Everything is done except we decided to make a stocking hanger we found on Pinterest. Once that is up and ready, we'll see if we can get the kids to take some pictures in front of the tree using the camera settings for our DSLR that I also found on Pinterest. I guess that is one of the benefits of being up with RJ and Ryleigh in the middle of the night--time to surf Pinterest!
We're busy with our various holiday activities (especially me, as I am the coordinator for our Command's children's Christmas party), but we are thoroughly enjoying our time doing it, too. I hope your holiday preps are going well and not stressing you out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Enjoy your new toy =) Look forward to seeing your Pinterest inspired creation!
ReplyDelete