A preview for parents-to-be

We had a very nice dinner tonight with some friends whom we've mentioned before in this blog.  Vanessa used to work with  me on Big E and her husband, Chris, is currently attached to Submarine Group Seven here in Yokosuka.  We were invited over to visit, play on the playground, and to enjoy a nice meal.  It was super nice of them, especially considering that Vanessa is 37 weeks pregnant.

I think that we all had a great time, but I also think that the more "Nessa" (as RJ calls her) and Chris hang out with our children, the more they realize that the upcoming adventure they are about to embark on will require some getting used to. 

Even though our two rugrats tend to be much more angelic than usual whenever they are around Chris and Vanessa, they were super energetic tonight.  Chris even made the comment that he now realizes that he'll have to really think about how they are going to baby proof their Japanese apartment.  RJ and Ryleigh were all over the house, were into everything, and talked or yelled non-stop while we were there.  I think they gave our friends a good preview of what they will get to experience in the next couple years.

I have no doubt, though, that they will be good parents.  Based on what I know of them from the past and seeing how they interact with our kids, they'll be just fine.  RJ is excited for them and exclaimed, "Ryleigh, Nessa and Chris are going to have a baby you can play with!"  Very cute.

We wish them well on their parenthood adventures!
-Jip

No comments