Stupid router.

"Stupid router."  These words have been spoken many times by Amy and me in the past few months.  About a year ago, we bought a new wireless router for our home network.  I'd read several complaints on Amazon about it, but the good ones outnumbered the bad comments, so we bought it.  It worked just fine for a few months before it started randomly dropping service.  We found that a complete reboot (modem and router) would usually fix the situation.  Not today.  No matter what reboot combinations I tried, it would not work right.  Funny thing was that our laptop and iPad were connected to the wireless network without any issues, but the iPods, iPhone, and desktop couldn't connect.  I did some research and found that several others had this same complaint and the recommendation was to replace it.  Bummer.

After several hours of frustration, I went and bought an Apple router and it's working just fine!  Apple was more expensive, but I know that it's good quality and that I'll get good service should there ever be a problem.

The other parts of our day were pretty low key.  We hung around the house this morning and enjoyed a lazy Sunday.  After lunch, Ryleigh, RJ and I cuddled up for a nap while Amy went to the grocery store.  They were tired kiddos and slept for about two hours--long enough for me to watch "Water for Elephants" which I recorded 3 or 4 months ago but hadn't had any time to watch.  I liked the book, and the movie didn't diverge very far from the book.

After waking up, we went over to the playground by the water for some outside play time.  We ended up getting cold after about 20 or 25 minutes, but it was fun.  Here are a few photos from the time outside.
Ryleigh in her new pink coat.

"Hi, Mom."

"I'm going to get you, Dad."
"Or maybe not...  Chase me, Dad."

Ryleigh at the bottom of the slide.  Bum first is her motto and she does it well.

A fake crash.  He was laughing the whole time.

"Anyone seen a red bicycle?'

Ryleigh was cute in all her pink today, but since we forgot the pink gloves (oops, bad parents!), we had to cut the play time short.
 Enjoy your Sunday!
-Jip


No comments