I don't know why I like Top Gear so much, but I do. It airs on History Channel. The new season is on and we recorded a recent episode which we are now watching. It's very obviously staged and scripted, but it makes me laugh.
For those who have not watched it, it's always about cars, trucks, or other modes of transportation. Tonight's episode is about the cars that the hosts drove back in college. The commentary and crazy adventures are quite entertaining, and the "tests" that ultimately destroy the cars make me wish I could be on the show myself.
Top Gear is just one of several shows we keep up with and try to record. Our TV is a rebroadcast of TV in Florida. All the programs here are shown AT LEAST a day after they are shown in the States and the channel selection is minimal compared to what we were used to back in VA or in WA. It's not as bad as it sounds, though, because we do get some HD channels (including History Channel).
Amy and I really only get to watch our TV shows after the kids go to bed. The rest of the day, we repeatedly hear, "I want to watch my show," which means tuning the TV to Nick Jr. or Nickelodeon. I can tell you all about Bubble Guppies, Peppa Pig, Mike the Knight, Team Umi Zoomi, etc., but thanks to a DVR, we get to occasionally get to watch things like Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother, Project Runway, and Top Gear.
We are sooooo looking forward to getting a real selection of channels and cable TV capabilities--can you say On Demand?--once we get back to the U.S.
Back to the show and back to a few laughs. Thanks Tanner, Rutledge, and Adam!
-Jip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments