Jet lag sucks!

Not much to report here today other than jet lag sucks!  It's bad enough when you understand why you are feeling tired and irritable, but the kiddos have no clue and they are really suffering.

We woke up this morning and decided that the best way to get breakfast and not have to eat pop tarts or canned fruit was to make a run to McDonald's.  We'd done a pretty good job of eating anything that could spoil prior to our trip and neither of us really wanted to try the milk (Amy's is rice milk.  Mine is skim.) even though the expiration dates were not until May.  So fast food (again) it was. 

RJ went down hard for a nap at 1100 and had to be awakened at 1300 so we could get some lunch and go to the grocery store.  I watched the kids at the playground while Amy shopped (Thanks, Aim!) and "had to" put up with the beautiful weather in the mid seventies with only a couple clouds in the sky.  I actually think that my arms turned a tiny, tiny bit pink while playing hide-and-seek and being the stroller driver. 

This evening was not fun.  Although Ryleigh is probably adjusting better than RJ is, she's been having some tummy troubles and was not easy to deal with most of the afternoon.  RJ wouldn't eat dinner and then pretty much cried/screamed his way through a bath and into bed.  I think that tonight was one of the fastest times for him to fall asleep, though.  He said, "I love you, Dad," rolled over, and was asleep instantly.

So besides tummy troubles, severe confusion on the time of day and why we're eating, and lots of crying, we're doing just fine.  Give us a few days and we'll be back into our routine.  At least there are no trains here blasting their whistles at all hours of the night!

I'm sitting here nodding my head as I write this, so I'd better sign off, get a shower, and get some rest myself.  I'm willing to bet that I'll hear "Dad, I'm hungry" at about 0400 again tomorrow morning.

Get a good night's rest.
-Jip

1 comment